MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER AT MOONSHINE COLLECTIVE
Moonshine Collective is a small independent organisation behind Moseley Folk & Arts Festival, Mostly Jazz Funk & Soul Festival, Lunar Festival, Beyond the Tracks Festival and other developing projects.
Operating since 2006 we have nurtured a reputation for producing world-class events and a culture of quality and excellence in all that we do.
We are seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Manager to join our team beginning with immediate effect to allow our Creative Director to focus on event programming. This role will be remote but weekly contact days in our Birmingham offices may be required.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and executing our marketing and promotions strategy across several brands, including new projects. You will lead our promotions campaigns, build new brands, evaluate our performance metrics, and collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders including digital, PR and sponsorship agencies. You will have a strong proven marketing background with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
We are seeking experience in creating and implementing a digital marketing strategy from pre-launch to post-event. An understanding of Facebook / Instagram / Google advertising is essential for this roll, and an ideal candidate will have specific experience in festival / event digital marketing strategies.
- Creation, execution and optimisation of marketing strategy for our festival brands, and day-to-day marketing activity
- Development of new campaigns including identifying and executing new opportunities
- Oversight and management of marketing budgets
- Digital Content and Advertising
- Oversight and co-ordination of content strategy, across social media and website, plus additional platforms where applicable. Understanding for implementation of digital advertising (Facebook/Instagram/Google) is essential.
- In addition to management and oversight of our external digital agencies and suppliers, including paid media agency, designers, web developers, photographers and videographers.
- Utilising and growing our email database from planning to creating mail-outs on mail chimp.
Co-ordination + creation of key launch activity and new campaigns across the following, in addition to close work with our PR agency. You will be able to create your own press releases to sign off with management to circulate to:
- Radio & Television
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Media Partners
COLLECTIVE PHYSICAL ADVERTISING
Co-ordination, management and oversight of our physical advertising across:
- OHH – Posters, Billboards, Banners and Roadside
- Flyers Inc. hand-to-hand flyering strategy
- Misc additional outdoor and new opportunties
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Analysis and application of research insight; review of year-on-year audience data including ticket stats, online audience, advertising demographics etc
- Bringing industry best practise and new ideas into our strategy and creative output, to maintain our industry-leading position.
FAN OUTREACH AND INITIATIVES
- Working on projects and initiatives to further the band
- Grassroots promotion and year-round presence in the region (in local partnerships)
- Oversight of audience communications including timely customer service
ONSITE MARKETING AT EVENTS
- Co-ordination of photo and video content capture, including live-streaming
- Co-ordination of sponsor content capture
- Management of PR agency including media partner relations and crisis comms
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Proven track record in concert and festival promotions
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent project deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Experience of and pro cient in managing budgets across digital, PR and physical advertising
- Proactive, passionate and open to feedback
- Driving license and their own vehicle
- Good knowledge of Birmingham and the West Midlands region and ideally resident in Birmingham.
- Understanding of photoshop would be useful but not essential
£30,000 per annum.
In a standard week we would expect forty hours of work, hours can be flexible apart from a pre-arranged weekly meeting in our offices.
In the weeks immediately before the festivals we would expect up to sixty hours per week and you would of course need to work the weekends of the festivals themselves.
Please send your standard CV and also a job specific covering letter of up to 2 pages detailing your relevant experience and skills for this role.
To apply please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line Marketing Manager.